Saturday, September 13, 2008

Moonlight Run...

Last night was my second running race. This time I ran a 5k with my friend Brooke. She is my work-out sister, and we meet everyday at the gym. Of course Brooke is a good 6 minutes faster than me...but we had a great time warming up together and supporting each other in our endeavor. I am so thankful to have Brooke as a dear friend, confidant, motivator, and partner in crime. I know we will be making many fond memories as we complete the many races we have planned in our future!!!



Today is the day...the day my grandpa's ashes were laid to rest. My mom and her brother and sister drove many hours to the "family property" to lay grandpa's ashes to rest with my grandma's ashes. It is the moment in time where his life has come full circle. While I have confidence and faith in the knowledge that my grandma and grandpa are rejoicing in heaven in the arms of Jesus, it does bring me comfort to know that his ashes have been laid to rest in the place he chose...the place he laid his wife of 53 years to rest. I often think that maybe I will have the strength and courage to release my sweet baby Leah's ashes...but today is NOT that day!! I need her close to me....

Shameless solicitation plug!!!! Okay....it is finally my time, my time to beg and plead with you to purchase some over-priced "crap" in my attempt to watch my adorable daughter, Ella, successful achieve the "high-seller" status at school. Because....Friday was the official kick-off for our annual fundraiser! So, if you wish to purchase some Christmas wrap, holiday gifts, magazine subscriptions, or candy, please head to this link and buy something from Ella. Every dollar spent goes towards her fabulous school...and of course she will have the opportunity to win a crappy, happy-meal style toy that I could easily purchase at the Dollar Store. But of course, we all know that the sleazy salesmen who spend their days getting innocent, adorable children excited about hitting their friends and family up to purchase "crap" in their quest to win a prize, is way more convincing then mom and her credit card at Target. So alas, I am begging, pleading, and begging some more....buy some crap...for Ella :)

http://www.competitivepackaging.com/store/brochures.php?sID=red5438
Have a FABULOUS Sunday!!! We are hoping to hit the zoo with the girls...so look for some adorable photos coming soon!!

2 comments:

Grandpa Steve said...

2 magazines I'll never find time to read, and a big coffee cup I don't have room for in my cupboard. Isn't it wonderful having a graddaughter you love so much?

Whispers of Faith said...

Thanks Grandpa Steve!! You should have seen her reaction when she heard she had sold 3 items!! You made her day!! We love you and miss you bunches xoxoxo