Thursday, August 14, 2008

When the going gets tough...

the kids get the stomach flu!! Not just any other childhood illness, runny noses, coughs, stuffy heads, fevers...NO, not something manageable like that. Nope. Just the wake up in the middle of the night to your two year old's crib full of vomit. Gotta love it...then sitting up all night to console her because she doesn't understand what is happening to her. All, the week before school starts, all on the days you have set aside to create the quintessential learning environment for those ever eager middle school students! My first response was to feel stress, anxiety, and frustration. BUT, then I sat back and thought to myself, maybe this is God's way of suggesting to me that I need to spend one more day with my precious girls before I enter the working mama zone for another school year. So, two sweet girls with the stomach flu, countless loads of laundry, many showers for mama,and one delicious margarita later, I can finally say, Yep, God wanted me to stay home and lounge on the couch with my girls. Because after all, tomorrow is another day. Having perfect bulletin boards in your classroom does not define you as a teacher, mother, wife, friend, daughter. Loving and caring for your sick girls does. And at the end of the day, I would rather be identified as the person who gave her energy towards her role as a mom, then the crazy lady who had perfect bulletin boards (because of course I don't). Please say prayers for a vomit free night for Tim and I!!

No comments: