Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our Farewell to Summer...

Sadly, our family must bid a fond farewell to our summer vacation. I return to work on Monday, meetings, setting up my classroom, lesson plans, all the fun stuff that goes into setting up the next school year. While I LOVE my job, I always feel sad saying goodbye to my stay at home mommy days. Two months of staying home with my girls, swimming at the pool, lounging in our jammies, playing at the park, and living on our own schedule.

This summer has been bittersweet for me. Although we have taken some special vacations together, it is not the way I had hoped to spend my summer. I am the most obnoxious planner. I can't help it. I always want to plan each step of my days, weeks, months, and years. Upon receiving my positive pregnancy test, I carefully planned my entire summer. Little did I know, God had other plans. He decided to remind me that He is the one that leads the way, He is the one that names the stars, He is the one that works for the good of all people, even when we don't see the good in His plans. My plans were to be recovering from a c-section, nursing a newborn, chasing after my two other girls, pulling my hair out when the demands out reach my abilities to mother three girls, and falling into bed with my amazing hubby so that we can marvel at the wonder of our family, the blessings of our three girls. Instead, I walk each day in search of Whispers of Faith. I find myself seeking out the purpose of my pain.

No comments: