Friday, August 1, 2008

Over-packers Anonymous!!

Please tell me, there must be an Over-packers Anonymous group somewhere!?!?!?! I cannot be alone in this...I am a compulsive over-packer. I can't help it, really I can't. I always tell myself to try and pack light, BUT then, the "what if" thoughts creep into my head and I end up throwing everything into the suitcase. This is the number one reason we drive everywhere. That new airplane baggage law would really affect our pocket book.

Well, one incredibly stuffed SUV later we pulled into Tahoe. On Saturday we spent the evening with the Hernandez family at their condo in the Keys. Christine is my oldest friend. We met when I was just days old....our mommies were friends with each other when they were pregnant, and we were born 1 month apart. We were privileged to go to the same preschool, elementary school, middle school, and high school. My entire life has been spent with her by my side. As adults we lived next to one another in duplexes with our soon to be husbands. We served as Maid of Honors in each others' weddings. As children we always dreamed of having our own kids together. And, we each have two children, she has two boys I have two girls. This summer was our first time taking a vacation together as families, just like our own families did many years ago. Our kids had the most amazing time playing together....sharing their joy and wonder with one another.

Best Friends Forever


The next American Gladiators


The magic of childhood wonder


Ella and Brandon


Caroline and Gavin


The girls spent the day fishing and taking their first boat rides. Caroline and Ella are truly water babies!!

On Sunday we met my parents and the Madden family at our campsite. We camped at Fallen Leaf Lake for 5 nights. It was a wonderful trip filled with walking, running, swimming, biking, hammock swinging, roasting smores, and chasing bears. YES, you read that right...chasing bears. A sweet little black bear decided to eat our of our neighbors cooler...and being the adventurous bunch that we are, we decided to follow him on his walk home. Okay, adventurous may not be the word you would choose to describe us, since we have heard other people refer to us as STUPID!!! But really who can resist the most adorable, cuddly baby bear!!!



Notice our friendly bear in the background


Ella Bella


Carolinie Lou


Our adorable God-daughter Elizabeth Kate



Overall, our summer was spent with some of the most amazing loved ones in our lives. We are so blessed to have friends and family that truly love us and support us through all the challenges that lie in front of us and behind us. We are so thankful to all of you. Thank you for making the hardest summer of our life a magical summer filled with adventure, wonder, joy, and love. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!

A few cute videos of our girls:






No comments: