Wednesday, November 26, 2008

One year ago....

One year ago I was laying on my couch sick from my all day "morning sickness", just trying to survive the holidays. I was excited, yet nervous, about the prospect of being a mama to three kids. I was anxious about meeting our baby, discovering if we were going to be a family of three girls, or if a beautiful boy was going to join our lives. I knew, no matter what, that this baby would be a defining member of our family, would most likely be our last baby. And then March 18 came. A seemingly normal day...complete with a doctor appt. I remember at the beginning of my appointment I was talking with my doctor about my c-section date, joking about my need to plan everything in my life. Then, just 5 minutes later, my life would change forever. My need to plan everything in life would take on a new meaning. I would begin my journey down this new road. Little did I know, this journey would bring me here...to a blog...to a place to share my innermost thoughts and feelings. I was never a writer...never enjoyed it...not even for a moment. Even though I teach writing, a journal was never a thought in my mind. And then I found myself in need of an outlet, a place to share my hurts, fears, pain, loss, joys, FAITH. A place to keep me focused on my faith, my hope, my peace....And through this need, Whispers of Faith was born. I became an official blogger :) The most amazing thing about this journey is the people I am reaching, the hearts I am touching, the faith I am sharing, the support I am receiving, the friends I am making, the joy I am sharing and receiving from others. I have been so humbled in these last 2 weeks by two special people....friends that I have never met, and very well may never meet. Friends who pray for me and care for me....friends who share my Faith! Thank you to Angie and Michelle for each honoring me with my very first 2 blogger awards!! Thank you so much for allowing my sweet baby girl Leah Faith Davis to have a purpose in life, a voice in this world, a whisper of faith! I appreciate both of you and am blessed to have you has my friend.

Michelle at When God is Silent nominated me for the I love your blog award!

I am totally going to cheat because I am just not a one word person!! Sorry :D
1. Where is your cell phone? purse

2. Where is your significant other? on the couch on his laptop

3. Your hair color? lite brownish with blond highlights

4. Your mother? -home watching my two girls

5. Your father? Biological dad is in heaven, step-dad at home

6. Your favorite thing? my girls

7. Your dream last night? - No Idea

8. Your dream/goal? to raise happy, healthy children who have an innate love of learning and have an active relationship with the Lord.

9. The room you’re in? Dining room

10. Your hobby? blogging, facebook, photography

11. Your fear? losing my family, spiders

12. Where do you want to be in six years? not sure

13. Where were you last night? On a date with my hubby at a yummy Turkish Restaurant

14. What you’re not? calm

15. One of your wish list items? to hold my baby girl Leah again

16. Where you grew up? Palo Alto, California

17. The last thing you did? wrapped some Christmas presents

18. What are you wearing? clothes

19. Your T.V.? on

20. Your pet? Joey

21. Your computer? on

22. Your mood? content

23. Missing someone? always

24. Your car? Yukon XL

25. Something you’re not wearing? jewelery

26. Favorite store? Target

27. Your Summer? family

28. Love someone? with all my heart

29. Your favorite color? blue

30. When is the last time you laughed? today

31. Last time you cried? Sunday

I nominate the following people for the I Love Your Blog Award!!

1) Angelica Grace Designs
2) Bring the Rain


Angie at Angelica Grace Designs nominated me for this award! Thanks :)


The rules are to list 6 things I value and 6 things I can live without. Then, I'm supposed to pass the award along. So...here goes...

6 THINGS I VALUE:
1. God
2. Family
3. Friendships
4. Snuggling in bed with my girls and hubby on a Saturday morning
5. My job as a middle school teacher at Redeemer Lutheran School
6. Water, ice water, bubbly water, and vitamin water! I cannot function without!


6 THINGS I "COULD" LIVE WITHOUT
1. Road rage drivers
2. alarm clock
3. Spiders
4. Gaining weight
5. Grumpy, rude, or judgemental people
6. bills

6 BLOGS I NOMINATE

1) Because Life Doesn't Stop, Capture It
2) Erica's Cafe
3) A Day in Our Life
4) When God Is Silent
5) The Pioneer Woman Cooks
6)

I pray that you all have a most wonderful Thanksgiving! May you take the time to reflect on the blessings in your life, to recognize the beauty in your pain, and may you remember that God has a purpose for you, for each and every joy and sorrow in your life. May the God of the universe give you peace, love, and joy this Thanksgiving day! With much love, Melissa, Tim, Ella, Caroline, and Leah Davis

No comments: