Monday, November 17, 2008

The Most Beautiful Place on Earth...

There is a place in this world...a beautiful place in this world...where God's beauty and wonder is amazing. And I have the privilege of going to this place every November with my family. It is the most sacred weekend of the year...the weekend where we come together...take time away from our lives....from our computers...from our demands...and come together as a family...in the most beautiful place on earth!! YOSEMITE!! Yosemite...where the Majesty of His creation is overwhelming. Where the simple views of nature bring tears to your eyes. Last year on our drive up to Yosemite we told my parents we were pregnant with baby #3. This year we filled the car....without an infant seat. There were many times this weekend when I was drawn to the reality of my life...the road I am on...the pain I live. I felt it when I unpacked the car into the "family" room that was supposed to be filled with a baby, toddler, and kindergartner...I felt it when I held my beautiful niece in my arms, carried her in the backpack, walked her through the trees. I felt it as I sat and looked at the Majesty of Half Doom from the banks of Mirror Lake. Why oh Why, are my arms empty, my heart aching...my baby gone?!?! The Majesty of Yosemite is what gives me hope for tomorrow and peace for today. It is through Him that I breathe...that I live...that I love...that I hope.... Here are a few pictures from our beautiful weekend....






No comments: