Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Never-ending Blessings....

they keep going and going and going....

no. not the energizer bunny.

they keep going and going.....

the faith of my daughters. their love for our Lord, their belief in the beauty and wonder of their sister Leah.

Yesterday, as I so gracefully weeded the driveway of all it's pesky and annoying budha hairs, my sweet Ella asked if she could send one of our balloons to heaven. Of course, I said yes....one of my favorite memories of Ella as toddler was her unending need to release all balloons to Jesus. See this mama decided that she would *lie* to her children and tell her that balloons were against the law in the car...and therefore all of those adorable free balloons from Trader Joes had no other purpose than to join Jesus in heaven. Anyways, back to yesterday....a moment after Ella released the balloon, she stood looking at the sky, hands clasped in the prayer fist, and she starting talking to her sister, to her baby, to our Leah. And as Caroline stood in wonder, Ella walked over to her sister, put her arm around her, pointed out the small balloon spot in the sky and proceeded to explain to her the destination of the balloon.

Yes, my sweet Ella, there is a Jesus, and in His arms rests our baby, your sister....and together they rejoiced and held a balloon.

and they keep going and going....even when my heart aches beyond words, even when my arms long for the weight of a baby, even when my tears flow unending....my girls keep going...keep believing...keep my FAITH resting in HIM who is our comfort, our strength, our salvation....


Tomorrow is my "middle" sweet girls birthday. Tomorrow my Caroline Grace turns 3. ANd tomorrow we will celebrate the blessing of her life in ours....and tomorrow we will hold our sweet Leah in our thoughts as we celebrate the life of her little big sissy....

No comments: