Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The HAPPIEST place on earth!!!

That's where my girls are...not here with their mama. Nope. Not lying in their beds, snug as bugs in a rug. Nope. Not nestled in the warmth of my bed, kicking me all night. Nope. Nope. Nope.

They are in the HAPPIEST place on earth. The place where 'dreams come true'. They are basking in the love and attention that only 2 people can really provide. They are getting their morning, afternoon, and evening love from none other than....the best...greatest... happiest...most joyful individuals...




Oh yeah!!! That's right....my girls are in Disneyland with their grandma and papa, getting some great lovin' from the most adorable mouse in the world!!

And while they are running around with rodents...I am sitting here heartbroken that I am not getting to witness the wonder and joy in their eyes, the scqueel and delight in their voices, the enthusiasum and energy in their steps...the love in their heart. And yet I know that to have denied them this experience would have been selfish. There are many times in my life when I have been and am selfish. Many times where I put my needs before others...when I think only of myself... That day, March 20, 2008, has taught me that it is not all about my wants and needs. We have no idea the plans the Lord has for us...the path He has chosen for us...so we must find the love, joy, and beauty of every moment we experience. To make my girls stay home because of me...would have been to rob them of the love, joy, and beauty of these moments...of the joy, wonder, excitement that comes from visiting the 'Happiest Place on Earth!' and I know that I do not want to allow my selfishness to impede their journey and joys....because it is not about me....although I do wish sometimes that it was ;)

Please keep my family....my babies in your prayers this week! Pray for them to have a safe, healthy, and meaningful vacation with their grandparents...and pray for my anxiety as I trust in the Lord with all of my heart!!

I love you sweet girls....my kind hearted Ella Christine, my spunky Caroline Grace, my heavenly Leah Faith...your mama loves you with all of her heart, soul, and mind!!!

No comments: